If, you, truly, hope to be, the best, you can become, it is essential, for you, to, proactively, proceed – forward, and take meaningful steps, in your own, best – interests! Perhaps, the most essential component, of doing so, is, to proceed, with a significant degree of objectivity, and give yourself, a realistic, check – up, from the neck – up! It must begin with taking the time, and making a concerted effort, to ask yourself, challenging questions, After, over four decades, of providing, hundreds of personal development/ self – help seminars/ programs, etc, I have come to believe, it is important, to ask yourself, at least, these 6, probing, introspective questions, and answer them, honestly, and thoroughly! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 6 specific questions, what they mean and represent, and why it matters.
1. What do you like, about yourself, and, in – general, and why?: Have you ever considered, openly, and honesty, what you like about yourself, what you like, in – general, and why? The honest answers to these questions, should reveal, to you, essential information, regarding the overall direction, of your life, and, whether, you are on the right – track! If, you don’t like yourself, why would most others, like and/ or, believe – in/ trust you?
2. What are your strengths and weaknesses: Before you can help yourself, going – forward, it is essential, to fully, understand your personal strengths, and weaknesses! Then, you become capable of, using every strength, as effectively, as possible, while, thoroughly, addressing areas of weakness, transforming, lemons into lemonade!
3. Are you willing to expand your personal comfort zone?: Many people restrict their possibilities, by remaining within the self – imposed, limitations, of their personal comfort zone! Will you identify these, clearly, and proceed, with an open – mind, and proactively, to take decisive actions, and demand the utmost degree of personal excellence, rather than settling for good – enough?
4. Will you address your fears, and how?: We all experience fears, but, how one proceeds, and, whether he overcomes them, in a timely manner, differentiates, greater success, from, additional stresses, tensions, etc! How might you, address these, proactively?
5. What will you do, to develop/ enhance your aptitude: What skill – set, and skills, might be needed, for you, to have a beneficial aptitude? Will you, effectively, listen, and learn, from every conversation, and experience, and learn the most – important lessons, to ensure, you are prepared, to act, in your best – interests?
6. Will you maintain a realistic, positive, can – do, attitude?: The defining measure of an individual, is, whether one maintains, and possesses, a true, positive, can – do, attitude, without resorting to wearing, rose – colored glasses! As, Henry Ford, is, often, credited with, saying, You can think you can, or can’t. Either way, you’ll be right!
If, you hope to be the best, you can become, it is essential, to know, yourself, as well as possible! Are, you ready, to become your own, best friend?